(This is an ever-evolving document, please see website from time to time for the latest version)
ONI IMPORT EXPORT (PTY) LTD, a company registered in South Africa under registration number 2004/005266/07 and having its registered address at 10th Floor, 2 Long Street, Cape Town 8001, Republic of South Africa (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”).
We are committed to complying with applicable data protection laws and set out below details regarding our approach to data protection in all our operations.
Information we collect from customers
We collect names, contact details, addresses, financial and tax information from customers so that we can source and arrange supply of the products you require. We do this on the basis of the intention of contracting with you or for the performance of a contract we have with you.
Information we collect from third parties
We collect names, contact details, addresses, financial and tax information from suppliers and professional service providers so that we can place orders/instruct you and make payment in respect of any goods or services we receive. We do this on the basis of the intention of contracting with you or for the performance of a contract we have with you.
Information we collect from you when you sign up to our newsletter
When you enter your name, surname and email address on our website to receive our newsletter, you are consenting to us sending you this communication. We will only use the information you provide for this purpose and you will be able to opt-out of receiving this at any time.
Information we collect from you when you visit our website
However, this may in some way change the way we interact with our website, or other websites. These actions may affect whether or not to allow you to log in to software, websites from our and other networks.
- Own Cookies: A cookie managed by this domain / website.
- Third-party cookies: A cookie managed by another domain / website.
- Persistent cookies: Cookie information is permanently stored on your device.
- Session cookies: The cookie information is not permanently stored on your device. We use session cookies and “first-party cookies” as well as persistent cookies and third-party cookies.
Cookie information is controlled and accessed by us.
|_ga||Cookie used by Google Analytics software to distinguish unique users to collect basic data about themselves and the website.||2 Years||oni.co.za||Analysis|
|_gat||Cookie used by Google Analytics software to limit the number of requests to a website; to limit data collection.||10 Minutes||oni.co.za||Performance|
|_gid||New spring cookie of 2017, used by the Google Analytics application to store a special value for every page visited within a website.||24 Hours||oni.co.za||Analysis|
|__cfduid||Cookie used by Cloudflare to identify individual clients to use shared IPs and apply security methods to each.||1 Year||addtoany.com / jquery.com||Security|
|uvc||Cookie used by the Add To Any service. It serves to count the times that the service finds the user on the same website.||1 Month||addtoany.com||Analysis|
In addition to cookies, some of our web pages and HTML messages integrate “pixel tags” that allow us to follow the steps of the users on our sites and the recipients of our communications. These
markers are used to collect data, not personally identifiable as well as other information that can be used to improve the services we offer to those who visit us.
Information we collect from you when you apply for a job
We process the information you provide in your curriculum vitae, in our application form and supporting documentation/information during the recruitment process purely for the purposes of
assessing your suitability for the role, for contacting you to progress your application and to take up any references you have provided. The basis for the processing of this information is a potential
employment contract may be concluded, depending on the outcome of our assessment and we have a legitimate interest in finding candidates for roles that we have. In the event that you are
successful, this data will form part of your employee file.
Processing, protecting and transferring personal information
Personal information held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the information was provided. We may share your personal information within our
organisation and outside the country of your residence with including:
- Other group companies in Angola; and/or
- Warehousing / logistics / shipping companies as well as distributors of products you require.
We may share your information with third parties such as professional advisors such as warehousing / logistics / shipping companies, distributors of products you require / customers,
accountants/auditors and lawyers, IT Providers and government bodies/regulators.
We share your information for the purposes of:
- Performing the contract we have with you;
- Complying with a legal obligation; or
- Our legitimate interest in the effective running of our organization.
All our third party service providers and other entities within the organisation are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose your personal information to a prospective buyer or seller in the event that we intend selling or buying any businesses or assets.
We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of your personal information including policies and procedures around information security and document retention
and destruction. Only persons within our organisation which require your personal information for the performance of their work have access to that information and we do not transfer your
information outside of the organisation or your resident country unless we are satisfied that the personal information will be afforded an equivalent level of protection.
Retention of your Data
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it is needed and in compliance with applicable law. We determine retention periods in respect of information we hold based on:
- Legal obligations relating to minimum periods to retain data;
- The purposes for which we process the personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means;
- Whether the information is required for reporting and analysis purposes relating to our operations;
- The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information;
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal information.
Your rights in relation to your information
Subject to certain limitations on certain rights, you have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Withdraw consent to our use of your information at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use and processing of your information on the basis of your consent before the point in time when you withdraw your consent.
Should you have any queries regarding this privacy notice or would like to enforce any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please contact us at:
Information Officer: RUI MSGC BAIÃO
Address: 10th Floor, 2 Long Street, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa, 8001
Telephone Number: (+27) 21 421 71 60 / 1 / 2
We will endeavour to respond to any such requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event within statutory time-limits in the applicable country. In some instances, we may be able to
charge a fee for responding to your request and will advise you of this and any applicable amount prior to responding.
You should be aware that certain information is exempt from the right of access. This may include information which identifies other individuals, or information which is subject to legal privilege.
You should also be aware that in some instances, if you do not provide information or you exercise any rights regarding the deletion or restriction of your information or object to the processing of
your information or withdraw consent, we may not be able to perform the contracts we have with you.
Where you request access to your information, we are required by law to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before doing so. These measures are designed to protect your
information and to reduce the risk of identity fraud, identity theft or general unauthorised access to your information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, details of which are set out below:
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Any changes made to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on the website and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes
to this notice.
20 June 2021, Version 1